Join the Bus & Coach Association NZ for:
Industry Legislation & Regulations
Legal Advice & Guidance
Industry seminars and events
Deals and Benefits
- Industry Advocacy – As the voice of the industry, the Bus and Coach Association team works hard on your behalf to make sure there is the right industry input into legislative, policy and regulatory changes, so we have effective and fit-for-purpose rules that enable businesses to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Deals and Benefits - BCA members enjoy a range of discounts and benefits from key industry suppliers.
- Advice and Guidance– Access to a range of easy-to-understand fact sheets on key industry issues and regulations, guiding members through some of the most commonly asked queries and compliance tricky bits.
- Legal Advice – In addition to in-house support, members benefit from comprehensive legal advice on all employment, health and safety, ACC and immigration matters through our partnership with Ford Sumner Lawyers.
- Sample Contracts – Sample permanent and casual employment contracts, and contracts to provide school transport to direct-resourced schools are free to all members. For more information and to obtain sample contracts call Ford Sumner on (04) 910 3200.
- Star Grading Programme – Allows members to distinguish quality vehicles and obtain a price premium for them. Bus and Coach administers the programme for tour coaches and promotes it to domestic and international travel agents and wholesalers, including the ADS scheme.
- Online Store - A new shop is coming, in the meantime please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Concession Agreements – Bus and Coach members can join our collective concession agreement with the Department of Conservation allowing operators to obtain Concession Identification cards that permit vehicles to park then disembark/embark passengers on DOC land.
- Sky Stadium Parking Permits - The Bus and Coach Association NZ issues permits for coach access and event parking for Wellington's Sky Stadium.
The BCA has multiple channels and publications we use to reach our members:
- Circular Magazine – Our own monthly bus and coach industry magazine is packed with the latest industry news and views to keep you up to date.
- In the Loop - Our weekly e-newsletter with updates on industry relevant issues and what we’ve been up to.
- Sector Seminars and events - School, tourism, urban and maintenance seminars have been held on a regular basis. Along with our annual conference, they are an opportunity for policy discussion, education and debate, and to network with other operators and suppliers.
- Annual conference, they are an opportunity for policy discussion, education and debate, and to network with other operators and suppliers.
Deals & Benefits
The Bus & Coach Association New Zealand leverages collective buying power to negotiate discounts on key products & services for members.
You can find details of these below.
10% Discount on Fares - Bluebridge Ferries
10% discount off all Bluebridge public retail fares (year round)
Quote the BCA promo code when booking: BCANZ
BCA promo code: BCANZ
Promotional code offer terms and conditions:
This deal is exclusively for Members (and their staff) of BCA - Bus & Coach Association NZ. This agreement is made on the basis of an exclusive partnership between BCA and Bluebridge, as the organisations only preferred ferry partner for Cook Strait travel. · Members (and their staff) must use promo code BCANZ when they book at www.bluebridge.co.nz. Or quote the promo code when they call 0800 844 844 or email email@example.com
· Members (and their staff) will save 10% on all Bluebridge retail fares.
· Applies to bookings and travel until 31 March 2025. A further booking renewal period of 12 months is available upon consultation at the end of the contracted period.
· Bluebridge public fares are dynamic and subject to daily changes.
· Fares and fare types are always subject to availability at the time of booking.
· Standard retail fare conditions apply as per the individual fare type booked, these can be found at: https://www.bluebridge.co.nz/payment#fare- types
· Applies to fares only. Optional extras, including but not limited to, cabins and food are charged at standard retail prices.
· To be eligible for the discount, the booking must include at least one BCA member, or an employee of a BCA member. Up to six passengers can be included on the booking in total.
· A passenger must present a copy of their BCA Membership (or proof of employment by a member) upon check in at the terminal to confirm eligibility. If not presented, standard retail fares apply.
· This offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer.
· This offer is intended for personal leisure travel, or business travel with light vehicles only. It can only be redeemed for bookings made direct through the Bluebridge passenger service call centre, passenger terminal or website. It cannot be redeemed for StraitNZ Bluebridge freight bookings or bookings made by third parties (affiliated agents of Bluebridge).
· This discount applies to vehicles belonging to BCA members (or their staff) only.
· Members must make payment when they book via the following payment methods; Poli (bank transfer), Credit card and/or Afterpay.
· The promo code must be used at the time of booking and cannot be retrospectively added to an existing booking.
Fuel - BP Oil NZ
Fuel - Mobil Card
Mobilcard offers Bus and Coach Association members fuel benefits to meet their everyday needs, while making sure we support the Bus and Coach Association with a rebate for every litre purchased.
- Mobilcard pricing is based on weekly MOPS pricing and is fixed from Saturday through to Friday, regardless of pump pricing.
- Price is available at all Mobil card acceptors (except Convenience Retail Stores).
- Over 330 sites nationally – To find stations accepting Mobilcard, Click here, and tick Fuel Card in the filter to generate a list and map.
Latest weekly MOPS Pricing table
Mobil Card Sales: 0800 662 458
Click here to apply now.
Fuel - Z Business Card
Save on every drop at every stop with Z Business.
As a member of the Bus & Coach Association NZ save on all fuel grades, at all times.
- 8¢ off pump discount is available at all Z, Caltex and Challenge service stations, and your
- 9¢ off pump discount available at Z and Caltex and truck stops
Plus, enjoy 24/7 account support and convenient e-invoicing.
Click here to apply online.
Use the promo code 'BUSCOACH'
Music Licensing - OneMusic
Fire Extinguishes - Expense Reduction Analysts & Firewatch
As a result of a successful trial through Expense Reduction Analysts where research was conducted aggregating members’ collective buying power to getting better prices for common business consumables, members can now get up to a 36% discount on what they may have been paying elsewhere for fire extinguishers that meet the New Zealand Standard 4503:2005 and the Land Transport Passenger Services Rule through manufacturer Firewatch.
To purchase fire extinguishers, Members can contact
Remember to quote your membership number.
Vehicle Maintenance - VTNZ
To recognise BCA members, VTNZ offers the opportunity to take advantage of discounts on inspection services.
Call them to find out more.
Phone: 0800 88 88 69
Tyres - Bridgestone Tyres
Bridgestone provides exclusive pricing to BCA members on premium Bridgestone and Firestone branded new tyres and Bandag branded re-treads.
Included in this offer is access to their 24hr nationwide breakdown service.
Rental Vehicles - Hertz
Hertz offers BCA members exclusive hire rates on their rental fleet, as well as discounted MAX (Maximum Cover) and airport location fees.
Just quote your membership number and CDP 2005135 when booking.
Excludes group M5 and group L vehicles. See the Hertz fleet guide below for further details.
Phone: 0800 654 321
Business Consumables - OfficeMax
Safety Supplies, Cleaning & Hygiene supplies, Coffee, Tea and Breakroom Supplies, Packaging, Stationery and much more.
- Save time with fewer order, deliveries and invoices.
- Members receive additional discounts off Business Accountholder pricing on over 16,000 in stock products.
- Order your way – online, free phone or email.
- Free delivery on orders over $50+gst
Employment Lawyers - Ford Sumner Lawyers
As a benefit of membership, members of the BCA have free access to comprehensive legal advice on all corporate, commercial and employment law, and dispute resolution from Ford Sumner Lawyers.
For advice on any legal matter just call 04 910 3200.
Remember to have your membership number handy.
For more information Click here.
Insurance - ICIB Brokerweb (ICIB)
As one of New Zealand's leading insurance and risk advisory firms, ICIB Brokerweb (ICIB) has been a loyal supporter of and advocate for the Bus and Coach Association for almost 40 years.
BCA Members large and small rely on ICIB's unique industry experience and advice-driven service to ensure optimal risk profiling, and competitive and customised insurance solutions, always delivered with integrity and transparency.
Phone: 022 106 2983
Phone: 0272 300 335
Insurance - Rothbury Insurance
Need help understanding your risk profile and insurance cover?
At Rothbury we listen to our clients and will work with you to develop a tailor-made Bus & Coach Programme to suit your individual needs. We factor in what’s happening in the industry and what is affecting your bottom line.
Our knowledge and expertise is based on over 70 years’ experience. We’re experts in Risk Management and we offer a comprehensive range of services, competitive prices and cost reductions.
H&S Consultancy - Safe Business Solutions Ltd
SBS is the BCA’s official partner for Health and Safety services.
SBS offer a range of useful services such as the provision of a robust Health & Safety system, audits of your business’ H&S system, hazardous substances compilation including register and safety data sheets, hazardous substances training, assistance with pre-qualifications, assistance with your Vulnerable Children’s Act obligations and getting your business up to speed after a Ministry of Education Health and Safety audit.
SBS offer a 10% discount to BCA members on H&S products and services as well as a free one hour consultation.